Monday, November 19, 2007

What do you want to be when you grow up?

This is the infamous question that gets asked of kids, probably more than needed.

Morgan's preschool teachers recently asked all of the kids this question and then posted the answers in prominent locations around the school. I scanned the entries looking for Morgan's response knowing that the answer would likely have something to do with what she was doing when they asked her.

I found it. Morgan H. wants to be "an artist." I thought "how sweet; she wants to be like her dad." I was sure to tell Michael that Morgan wanted to be an artist like him, to which he immediately replied that she should reconsider.

Here's the conversation I had with Morgan about her future career plans.

Momma: what do you want to be when you grow up?

Morgan: an artist

Momma: like dadday? what kind of art will you make?

Morgan: the kind where I make art all over me

Momma: you want to make art on your body?

Morgan: on my body (with giggles)....a tatoo artist.

Since this conversation she has added a "nice diver - not a mean diver" and "mommy" to the list of career aspirations.

No comments: