Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Not so much about raising Hales

Ok, so as my first blog post for Hale Raisers I should post something about our children (Morgan and Kenna). I just can’t bring myself to do that. Since I decided that it was absolutely time to write something (I set up the site weeks ago) the most impressive thing to happen, in my mind, was the dusting of snow we had yesterday.

We did take the kids outside to play in it first thing in the morning this was after all the first snow of the season, and the first snow of Kenna’s life.


The most important aspect of the snow for me though was the realization that I really do like the warm South Carolina weather that we left. Here it is November and we already have snow in Kentucky. I know quite a few people who would be happy about this, but I’m a bit nostalgic for the t-shirt and jeans weather that I’m sure SC is experiencing as I write this. Heck most of the time in SC, it never even felt like winter until the end of January and by March it was spring. If I have to have four seasons that’s as long I want the winter to be.

A week or so ago, Mike and I took the kids shopping with us. It was cold enough outside that we all wore hats and jackets. Mike commented that the only part of cold weather that he doesn’t like is lugging all of that stuff around the store. The only thing I could think was that I just don’t like it being cold enough to need more than a light jacket. This cold weather is just made worse by the fact that all of the pregnancy hormones that keep me heated up enough to not mind cold weather are getting out of my system right when the weather is turning colder. I’ve got to stop having babies in the fall and winter!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Any time you think the winters here are bad, just remember that in Cleveland we always had snow before Halloween, and always had a decent snowfall before my birthday.

That, and the first year we lived there the city got a record snowfall of something like more than 100" for the season. At least we didn't have to worry about people who didn't know how to drive in snow, or cities that couldn't deal with the snow effectively.

Kimberly said...

Ok, so I'll mark Cleveland off of my future places to live list. :)