Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Ordering Dinner

Why is it that every time I go out to eat I tell myself that I will order a salad, but then when I get my hands on the 4-page menu I just can't help myself from looking right past the salads and on to the more indulgent items. At least tonight my meal included some vegetables (green peppers count, right?).

I really do like salad. I think when I see all of those choices that I’m too lazy or don’t know how to make it is just too tempting to order one of those things instead of a more healthful/fewer calories for the bulk salad.

I’m really going to try harder next time. I mean I’ve got 20 pounds stuck on my hips that wasn’t there before I conceived Kenna – I’ve got to do something. I am going to be working in January and I really don’t want to buy a new work-pants/skirt wardrobe. I already need to purchase new shirts since nursing a second child seems to have added even more to the expanded bosom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a NURSING mama! You should eat the more enticing, filling foods as opposed to salads. Kenna is taking it all away to get her nutrition. Give yourself a break!!

Love, Tracee from Columbia

Gretchen said...

Dude, the salads all had cheese and sour cream on them. Not what your little lactose-avoiding baby's tushie needed. Course, I don't think either of our hips needed all those nacho chips :)

Next time we're going somewhere without free munchies on the table.