Sunday, December 03, 2006

EKU Outreach Job

Here’s a little info about the new job I will be starting in January. It is a faculty position at Eastern Kentucky University in the Interpreter Training Program. I will be teaching two courses and doing outreach for the other half of my job. The outreach consists of coordinating/planning workshops and training sessions for interpreters across the state as well as designing some on-line courses for interpreters and mentors.

Basically, my position is grant funded from the Kentucky Department of Education to provide training for interpreters in public schools and for mentors working with those interpreters.

I’m pretty excited about starting the job. I will have a fairly flexible schedule for when I do much of the work. I will also get to travel across the state with family to the workshop sites. (The family has to go with me since Kenna still drinks only from “Mom’s All-Day and Night Diner.”)

I’ll post more about the job in January.

No comments: