Sunday, December 03, 2006

I can't find time to write

Everyday my life generates several things that I’d like to write about, but I never seem to actually get the time to expound on them while I have access to the computer and two free hands to type. Here is a list of some of the things that have come to mind lately.

1. Don’t assume that a two-year old can’t bite through the plastic! I was rearranging the freezer to make room for groceries and decided to throw out some really old popsicles and various other items that were not likely to be eaten this century. Upon spotting the popsicles Morgan insisted on having one (they are they ones for sickly kids). She was really interested in the cold sensation; so, I in my infinite wisdom decided to let her have one to chew on. I figured if I didn’t open the package she could not make a mess. Wrong! :)

2. Two-year olds are a lot of fun to play with. I actually spent some time playing with my daughter. I realized one afternoon that I had not really played with her for a while. Sure I had taken care of her needs (poured the juice, helped with pooping on the potty, finding the bunny, etc), but I had not really spent time while she was doing her full-time job – play.

We spent some quality time playing follow the leader with her trucks, which I should tell you requires quite some contortion for a thirty-something momma. You have to basically do the downward dog yoga pose and push a truck along the floor. I guess some people do that type of contortion on a regular basis, but I am not one of them.

After playing trucks, we moved on to blocks. We stacked and knocked over the blocks more times that even I can count. We enjoyed counting and seeing how high we could make the stack before Morgan pulled the blocks out from the bottom – her favorite way to knock it down. She successfully stacked 8 before it feel down. I could only get to 10 by the time she was tired of waiting and knocked mine down.

3. We’ve about finished our Christmas shopping. We actually did not have to purchase much this year. I can’t say what we did get as someone might see their gift listed here. I just need to get Michael a couple more things. We’re finished buying for the girls, the nieces and nephews, and parents. We do still need to get a couple more things for friends of the family.

I usually get into the spirit of wanting to pick a great gift for everyone that I buy for. I also usually have the chore of shopping done before Thanksgiving. This year did not work out that way, but I’m hoping to finish up this week sometime.

4. Speaking of great gift ideas, some close friends of Michael gave Morgan Jo a subscription to BabyBug magazine. This magazine is designed for babies six months through two years (and beyond). Morgan loves it! We read the two issues we’ve received so far several times a day. The company also produces another magazine for older toddlers (Ladybug) as well as several selections for children and teens. Check out Babybug.

5. Kenna has begun to smile at us. It really warms a heart to see those smiles just for Mom or Dad…ok, she gives them to other people too. Here’s a great picture of her with her big sister.




Blogger seems to be having a problem with the photos. I will try again later.

6. Check out this blog from my friend Deborah. It is really a blog to post updates to her distant relatives about her family, but there's a post about my aunt's farm there. Be sure to check out "Three babies, Two Mommas, and a Truck."

No comments: