Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Potty news: "R" says "rrr" for Poop on the potty"

This is one of my favorite new sayings of Morgan's. She has a toy that sings a little song for each letter of the alphabet to help with phonics. "R says "rr" R says rr. Every letter makes a sound. R says "rr." You get the idea.

When my little cutie pie sits on the potty to make a poop she says "rr" (just for fun grunting noises). After she got the idea that R says rr, she just can't help herself but to tell us that "rr" is for poop on the potty! We've tried to convince her that really "P says p. and P is for Pee-pee, poop, potty." But she just doesn't buy that yet.

I'm just wondering what Margaret (our sitter) thinks when she takes Morgan to the potty. :)

On other fun and happy notes about the potty, Morgan has only had one accident (knocking loudly on my wooden desk) in about 3 days. She is going completely by herself. I usually know that she's going potty by the shouts of "Momma, I want nemo treats." or "I want those in the box." She has been happy to perform for the treats for a while now, and she was even self initiating potty breaks frequently. I think the breakthrough came when we were at the park with just underwear (not a Dora underwear diaper) and she peed without telling us or pulling the pants down. When we had to leave the park because it was too cold to run around half naked I think she really got the idea of the real benefit of not peeing in her pants.

No comments: