Thursday, June 14, 2007

And the race is on

If you remember Kenna learned to crawl about a week ago. She has become amazingly fast in that short amount of time. Check her out moving quickly in the video (it's my first one on-line; so forgive me that it is sideways and forgive me for the file being so large).




Today, we were all outside playing when I remembered that I needed to return a call for an interpreting job. I put Kenna as far away as possible from the little pool we have on the patio and I walked up the steps. I went inside, walked to the dinning room, got the paper with the phone number on it, and dialed the phone number on the phone. Just after dialing the number I stepped back on the porch.

When I looked down to the patio to see what the girls were doing, Kenna was leaning over the side of the baby pool splashing happily. Let's just say I wasn't so happy to see her like that. She was fine in this case, but it really made me think about how quickly she can get into dangerous situtations. Just another vivid reminder to me to "never leave a child unattended near a pool."

On an other note, Morgan amazes me everyday. After making my phone call I put Kenna the rest of the way in the pool and was splashing and playing with her. Morgan was blowing bubbles that she got at a friend's wedding and all in all running around like a heathen on the patio. We don't have much shade out there. At one point Morgan asked me to get something for her. I told her that she could climb up to do it. After investigating the situation further, she walked toward the pool and said "I will put water shoes on." Then she put one foot in the pool reached down and "tied" the laces. Then she switched feet to put the other foot in the pool and tie the laces. Then she got out and walked to where she was reaching for the bubbles. Before she got there she decided she needed more "water shoes." She came over and this time, she put both feet into the pool and tied the laces up really tight (meaning several times of pretend tieing) then walked all the way to what she wanted, got it, and walked back. How did she even think of that? I mean besides the obvious of the water keeps your feet cooler on hot pavement.

No comments: