Saturday, June 30, 2007

12.5 miles

That's how far I biked this morning. At Mike's Hike and Bike we've had a men's riding group leaving the shop a couple of days a week for several weeks now. I've been trying to find a good time to do a women's ride and decided that Saturday mornings are as good a time as any.

This morning was the first of them and I was the only person to show, which is not at all surprising since we did not really advertise this group ride. I did pretty well I think, I completed this ride in just under 1 hour - to make it back in time for the weekly family ride that we've been doing for a while now. No other families showed up for our ride this morning, but Mike and the kids and I had a good ride.

I enjoyed the time to myself and I'm in some selfish ways hoping that others don't show up. Well, that's not true. I want them to show up for that ride, but I want to be sure to have at least one other good ride a week to myself.

I meandered through the countryside, mooed at some cows, and just enjoyed the freedom that a bicycle offers.

No comments: